Saturday, August 29, 2009

Music of the Soul- Au Revoir SImone

I am posting about Au Revoir Simone today. Their album The Bird of Music has been on repeat in my car and in my head for a few weeks now. There is one song in particular that I am just in love with. Here are the lyrics to Stars:

And since we met I simply cannot forget You are on my mind Yeah since the day we met I think I haven't slept More than an hour at a time You make wanna measure stars in the backyard with a calculator and a ruler baby I found a letter that describes how the moonlight will lead me to the distant place that you will be I don't know how but there's a power For now, it conveys a subtle mystery And from my house As I look out The stars align You make wanna measure stars in the backyard with a calculator and a ruler baby I found a letter that describes how the moonlight will lead me to the distant place that you will be The open sky Is mine tonight It gives a sign Of what I'll find The open sky Is mine tonight It gives a sign Of what I'll find You make wanna measure stars in the backyard with a calculator and a ruler baby I found a letter that describes how the moonlight will lead me to the distant place that you will be You make wanna measure stars in the backyard with a calculator and a ruler baby I found a letter that describes how the moonlight will lead me to the distant place that you will be

These girls are so talented. The lyrics on the CD remind me of someone who I would probably be best forgetting but it's so hard when you have such good music to remember and cry to. So that is what this CD is great for. Going through a breakup. It's not necessarily a heartbreaking CD or a breakup CD but when you are personally going through this, of course it seems as if the whole world is writing songs specifically for you. The Bird of Music has beautiful emotion laden lyrics and is just filled with sad love songs that leave you with a slight feeling of melancholy hope at the end of each one. I listened to it while painting constellations on my bedroom ceiling with glow in the dark paint...and yes crying.

No comments: