Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Inspiration Art 1.

My friend Gina and I decided to take another stab at our "Inspiration Art" series. Every other week we will take turns emailing a photo, drawing or other piece of ephemera to one another. We each have 2 weeks to complete an art project based on this "inspiration". It could be a painting, mixed media or other and we can incorporate the actual image or just use it as a reference. We will each post our finished projects on our blogs. I just finished mine so have a look! I will link to Gina's blog as soon as she posts hers. Here is the image that I chose for week 1.
And here is what I came up with. I made a collage of vintage sewing patterns, buttons, lace and other vintage sewing items, and coffee as a "stain". I am going to mat and frame it but who knows how long it will take me to get to that so I figured I'd post it as is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blogs Amber. I've left comments but they do not seem to print. If I do not have a Google act. Is that the reason. I must be doing something wrong. X X X