Sunday, May 10, 2009

Antique Chair.


We have a big front entry way with a giant display cabinet/bookshelf but really nothing else. I have been keeping my eye open for a unique chair to display in the corner for sitting to put on shoes or to open mail. I FINALLY found one after searching for months on craigslist and not finding anything for under $300 or so. My sister and I stopped at an antique store in Grafton (I forgot the name of the place but I will update when I find out) where I picked up this great piece for next to nothing. It looks like a Victorian era Eastlake style chair, though I'm not too good at that kind of thing so I'm not sure. I know it has been reupholstered in this great fabric with crewel embroidery. That's why I fell in love with it. It looks like something that they would have at Anthropologie. The arms just need a little tightening but that's about it. Let me know if you know anything about this style of chair. I'd love to know. Lucky seems to be enjoying it anyway!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi amber. stumbled upon this blog and i really enjoyed the tattoo photos. i'm thinking of my next one as well. great stuff, you seem like a lovely person and i will certainly be back to read more. take care.

Amber Joy said...

Thanks so much for the kind words!